Sunday, June 26, 2011

Farm Themed Birthday Cake

What a crazy weekend! Friday was my daughters 13th, we had family over, then she had a friend party Saturday, but before that we had the last T-ball game, and I had another cake. A friend of ours asked if I could do their little boys first birthday cake. I wanted to SO bad, I'd had the chance to do his brothers first birthday cake too. She had the cutest cake she wanted made. I spent the week prior baking a total of 8 cakes, -16 layers total between the 3 cakes I did this weekend.

This little haystack was for the birthday boy, it's just a 3 layer, 6" round cake, carved to look like  haystack.
 The barn on top gave me some trouble. It was a hot day and the fondant and icing knew it. The barn is fondant, the pig and cow are buttercream with fondant accents. 10", 8", and 6" round layers. I was SO nervous driving this to the party. I was by myself, and I could see that cake jiggle every time I hit a tiny bump. I should go into business, and  buy a car suitable for cake transportation and write off the vehicle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment