Monday, March 1, 2010

Masculine Birthday cakes

I recently made two different birthday cakes for guys.
One was for Jonathan's birthday. His was supposed to be made with optical illusions - one on top, one on the sides. But that morning I started to get sick, so I decided to skip the top one. It didn't come out to look like the optical illusion, but it did turn out to be a nice birthday cake. Just simple and masculine.


2 layer 10"round marble cake with buttercream frosting and fondant design

This one I made for Teresa's Principal's birthday. I don't know him very well, so I couldn't make it personal. I had to settle for simple. But I like it, it came out nice. Teresa helped me cut the dots, I had to get up early so I could get Teresa and the cake to school by 8am. We managed :)
3 layer 10" round chocolate cake - with a 2 layer 6" on top. Buttercream frosting with fondant dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment