Thursday, July 19, 2012

LEGO cake

I was asked to make a LEGO cake for my friends 6 year old. At first I was thinking make the cake look like it's made out of LEGO's  - but wow! That was going to be tedious. Turns out they wanted big LEGO blocks - Yah! I can do that. I didn't want to use fondant, but because LEGO's have red blocks, I had to. I messed up a little on the size, I meant for the red one to be 4 knubs long, not 3 so it would fit nicely, but it turned out cute.


These guys are about 2 inches tall, by 8 for the 6 knub blocks. I still need some practice covering the cake in fondant, I don't do it too often. But this was great practice, since I had 3 different size cakes. It turned out to be pretty fun. I like sculpted cakes, as long as they don't have the chance to fall over. I baked 2 13x9 cakes and used a good portion of them to get all the blocks. The knubs on top are just fondant, rolled thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment