Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sugar and spice

...and everything nice. A simple baby shower cake based off of the Carter baby shower theme.


I threw the shower for my friend, Serina. It a 3 layer, 10" round white cake with chocolate mousse in the middle. I got a lot of compliments on the flavor. I'd never actually used pudding in the middle. Not that I hadn't thought about it, but it just hadn't appealed to me. And unless I can ensure it will be chilled, it seems like it would be yucky. I'll have to try a new flavor next time. All the color is fondant, the white is buttercream. I've been having trouble with the buttercream tasting different, still good, but not as good. I'm still not sure what the problem was. Since then I bought more Crisco, and a new butter flavoring, and it seems to have helped. I know the taste of bad Crisco, so I'm thinking it was the butter flavor, does that stuff go bad?! Huh, might have to look into that.

No comments:

Post a Comment