Monday, March 28, 2011

Turtle Baby shower cake

This was for a very special occasion. My sister-in-laws baby shower. We're so excited to meet this baby boy. But in the mean time we had to party and shower her with love and gifts. They themed the nursery with turtles. It's the most adorable room. Turtles are one of my brother's favorite animals, I did a turtle cake for him a couple years ago. Anyway, so naturally the invitations were also themed with turtles. So this is the cake I did. I love it, it came out just how I wanted it to. I recieved a few new tools for decorating, and it makes things so much easier. Loved it.

fondant/gum paste turtle topper

Add caption

The cake at the shower

5 comments:

  1. the turtle is adorable! and that is one very pretty cake! do you do any tutorials? I love your blog and would love to learn from your expertise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm still just learning as I go. I browse the internet a lot looking at different ways people do things. I have a book that shows a step by step to make some animals, which has helped a lot. I feel with just those few animals I understand how to make so many things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake was perfect! That lil' turtle might be one of your best animal creations yet! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend just asked if I could make this cake for her, but I'm not the most experienced decorator. Could you direct me to these tutorials of yours? I dont anna disappoint her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristin - this is the link to the tutorial that ! used. Good luck!
    http://cakejournal.com/tutorials/how-to-make-a-turtle-cake-topper/

    ReplyDelete