Saturday, June 12, 2010

Pool Party Cake!

I was asked to make a cake for a 6th grade pool party today. It took me a long time to decide what to do. Originally, I thought it would be cool to make a swimming pool cake, but I couldn't think of anything that wasn't going to look cheesy. So this was the outcome. Nothing fancy, just simple and cute. I'll admit, it's not my favorite, it didn't come out how I had hoped. But it tastes so yummy. I think I'd call it a lemon cream, just because it's not a very strong lemon flavor. I took 2 white mixes and added one lemon pudding mix. Then I made 1 white cake mix and took the white and used it as a marble for the lemon. Then the buttercream has lemon extract in it, just enough to make it oh so yummy!

It's a 4 layer 10" cake (very tall)


It says "Splash in to Summer"


No comments:

Post a Comment