Sunday, January 24, 2010

Bridal Shower Cake

I did a cake for my sister-in-law who was throwing a bridal shower. The colors were pink and silver. We decided to use the napkin as inspiration.




Specifically these two designs


The flowers are fake with curled ribbon. You can't tell, but I made the little silver balls with grey fondant and then used silver pearl dust to make them look silver. I dusted the design with the dust as well. If I were to do it again, I would make a lighter gray. When I was coloring it, it seemed really light, but when I put it against the pink, it was much darker.


It's an 8" round 4 layer devil's food cake with buttercream frosting. I tried something different, and flavored the fondant with cherry this time. It probably made it a little sweeter, but added a flavor - not necessarily noticeable as cherry

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I love this cake! Everyone at the shower was so impressed. Thanks again for making it. (I wondered why the frosting tasted different...it was subtle, but good!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Honestly such an ugly cake!
      Amateur techniques!

      Delete
    2. Honestly such an ugly cake!
      Amateur techniques!

      Delete